Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Total: 30 mins | Quantity: 16-18 cookies
- 2 large ripe bananas – the spottier the better!
- 1/4 cup (70g) peanut butter – or swap for any nut or seed butter, or even tahini!
- 1/4 cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tblsp oat milk
- 1 cup (110g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (110g) oat flour – simply whizz some oats in a food processor or blender to a fine(ish) powder
- 1 + 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (100g) sultanas or vegan chocolate chips (see note)
- Preheat your oven to 160 Fan / 180 C / 350 F / Gas 4 and line a couple of large baking trays with parchment or silicon mats
- Peel the banana and break into chunks into a large bowl. Mash with a fork
- Add the nut butter, syrup, milk and vanilla and whisk together
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, mixing very well
- Scoop out a spoon of mixture, about the size of a golf ball and flatten and shape into a cookie - I find using wet hands helps with this!
- Lay them onto your trays - you can put them fairly close together as they don't really spread
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until set and lightly golden
- Eat while still warm or leave to cool completely before storing in an airtight container
- You could try chocolate chips AND sultanas or swap them both for nuts. Or even try all three together!
- These cookies are best when eaten warm but they still taste great even after a few days
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://thecookandhim.com/recipes/healthy-cookies/