Chocolate and Blackcurrant Brownies
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 30 mins | Total: 60 mins | Quantity: 12 bars
- 2 tblsp ground flax seeds
- 150g dairy free dark chocolate (see note for recommendations)
- 2 tblsp coconut oil
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 2 tblsp Arctic Power Blackcurrant Powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tblsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 170 Fan / 190 C / 375 F / Gas 5 and line a 7 x 9 inch / 18 x 24 cm tin with parchment, covering the base and sides
- In a small bowl or mug mix the ground flax seeds with 5 tablespoons of water and set aside
- Break the chocolate into pieces then melt with the coconut oil in a microwave or over a bain-marie (a heatproof dish set over a saucepan of barely simmering water)
- In a food processor or blender whizz the oats to a very fine powder. Tip into a large bowl along with the ground almonds, blackcurrant powder, coconut sugar, raw cacao powder and baking powder
- Tip in the yoghurt, vanilla, flax egg, melted chocolate and chocolate chips and stir until well combined
- Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes until set - it will firm up more as it cools!
- I'd recommend leaving it at least a few minutes out of the oven to prevent burnt mouths! It also cuts better when it's left to cool!
- We've tried a LOT of vegan chocolate to find the best - all in the name of research of course:
- Doisy & Dam - Maca, Vanilla and Cacao Nibs - some of the best damn chocolate I've ever tasted!
- Conscious Chocolate - The Dark Side - lovely company, raw and handmade
- Callebaut - Dark Chocolate Callets - a little more expensive but this was the stuff I used in a professional kitchen. This is serious chocolate ?
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://thecookandhim.com/recipes/chocolate-and-blackcurrant-brownies/