Posted in Recipes on 13.02.2018
Oaty Chocolate Pancakes With Chocolate Sauce
prep: 20 mins / cook: 15 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 35 mins / quantity: 10 pancakes Print recipe?
Happy Pancake Day! I know it’s officially called Shrove Tuesday but do we really need any more excuse to eat chocolate pancakes with chocolate sauce for breakfast?
We don’t think so ?
So these pancakes are not only made in a blender (no whisking muscles required) but they’re also gluten and refined sugar free! There’s also a politely helpful boost of protein from the hemp powder as well as deep chocolate deliciousness from the raw cacao powder. I seriously can’t get enough of these.
The first time I made them was a complete experiment. I’ve never blended pancakes before as I really like the oaty texture of these Chia Seed Protein Pancakes. And I wasn’t sure what to expect from their blended cousins. Would they cook as nicely and have that wonderful crisp outside as well as a soft, pillowy middle bit?
Well, yes and yes!
The chocolate sauce is quite literally the icing on the (pan)cake! Naturally sweet, thick and creamy. Oh and vegan! The dates do the dual job of sweetening and giving it a ridiculously perfect consistency. And can be made in the same blender you make your pancakes in .. bonus points to this recipe for saving on washing up!
The addition of strawberries (or whatever berries you have on hand for that matter) gives the whole chocolate kit and kaboodle a distinctive contrast. Soft, sweetly sharp berries and chocolate are pretty much mana from heaven right?
I see LOTS of chocolate pancakes for breakfast in our future – even when it’s not their official day.
Here are some items I used in today’s post:
Silicon Spatula | Denby Heritage Orchard Plate | Nutribullet RX
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him ❤
If you make this recipe or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture!)
And don’t forget to follow us on Instagram , Facebook or Twitter for even more recipe inspiration and chat, competitions, behind the scenes and so much more!
Oaty Chocolate Pancakes With Chocolate Sauce
prep: 20 mins / cook: 15 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 35 mins / quantity: 10 pancakes
- 4 organic Medjool dates – stone removed
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 bananas – peeled
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tblsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tblsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp hemp protein powder
- 4 eggs
- Handful fresh strawberries (or defrosted frozen ones) – stalk removed and quartered
- Blender – we use a Nutribullet RX
- Start by making the sauce - put all the ingredients into a blender and whizz until well pureed and smooth
- Tip into a saucepan and gently warm while you make the pancakes
- No need to clean the blender just add all the pancake ingredients to the blender cup and again, whizz until smooth. Pour into a bowl or jug - this just makes it easier to scoop the mixture into your pan!
- Heat a small drizzle of olive oil in a large frying pan and using a large spoon drop several piles of mixture into the pan, spacing each one apart enough. Use the back of the spoon to spread the mixture out into a pancake disc
- Over a medium heat cook the pancakes for a minute or two until bubble start to form on the top. Flip each pancake over carefully and cook another minute or two on the other side
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of chocolate sauce and topped with some fresh berries
- If you're cooking all the mixture at once you can keep the pancakes warm in an oven set to a low temperature - just put the cooked pancakes on a heatproof plate or dish and cover with foil till you've cooked them all!
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Nooch. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
All things autumn - warming soups, savoury bakes and delicious sweet treats!
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword