Posted in Recipes on 02.08.2021
Creamy Tomato and Black Garlic Tagliatelle
prep: 10 mins / cook: 15 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 25 mins / quantity: Serves 2 Print recipe?
Ready in about 20 minutes this tagliatelle is perfect when you’re busy and hungry but still want something fuss free, tasty and satisfying!
And with its rich, creamy, flavour filled sauce I promise this vegan tagliatelle will be a hit with the whole family, even the non-vegan members!
There’s not a tonne of ingredients either. Just some store cupboard essentials and the magical thing that is black garlic.
It’s something I used to use a long time ago and sort of forgot about it (thank you getting older). It’s got the most wonderful depth of flavour and a very unique smell – much richer and less pungent than raw, fresh garlic. Honestly, just peeling the bulbs from their papery skin has me salivating!
Personally I prefer a richer, thicker sauce, to really coat the tagliatelle with a bit of sauce left in the bowl to be mopped up by some crusty bread.
How to make this simple tagliatelle recipe:
The pasta sauce is made in just one pot. And if you use fresh pasta instead of dried you can even cook the tagliatelle in the sauce. I like to use a large sauce pan to make the sauce in – for no particular reason other than I find it easier to turn the pasta through the sauce. But use whatever pot you have.
Start by heating the oil with the vegan butter in your pan. I’ve added butter (just a dot) and used the oil from the jar of sun dried tomatoes for flavour.
Sauté the garlic and sun dried tomatoes in the pan for just a minute. This helps release all those wonderful aromatic flavours.
Add the white wine and bubble for couple of minutes to cook off the raw alcohol flavour. Then add the cream, paprika and rosemary and bubble for a further minute.
Stir in the mozzarella, parmesan, nutritional yeast and bouillon. Then taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Use plenty of boiling, salted water. Once cooked you want the pasta to be al dente which means firm to the bite.
Before you drain the pasta scoop out a cupful of water. Pasta cooking water is full of starch and this is what gives the sauce that lovely silky finish.
Drain the tagliatelle. Add to the sauce, along with enough of the pasta water to make a thick, velvety sauce.
Spoon into serving bowls. Then top with a sprinkling of grated vegan parmesan.
And finally get your forks ready to twirl all that lovely pasta through the rich, creamy sauce!
Looking for more easy vegan pasta recipes? Try these …
Lemon and Herb Orzo with Roasted Tomatoes
I’d also love to hear from you if you make this deliciously Creamy Tomato and Black Garlic Tagliatelle! Just leave a comment as it’s so helpful and I love to hear how the recipe worked out for you! Thank you so much!
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook or Pinterest for even more recipe inspiration and chat, competitions, behind the scenes and so much more!
Creamy Tomato and Black Garlic Tagliatelle
prep: 10 mins / cook: 15 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 25 mins / quantity: Serves 2
- 1 tbsp oil from sun dried tomatoes jar
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 whole bulb black garlic – peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup (75g) sun dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (185ml) white wine
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegan cream
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon (or 1 vegetable stock cube)
- 1 cup (100g) vegan mozzarella – grated or shredded
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan – grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- tagliatelle to serve
- Warm the oil and butter in a large pan then sauté the garlic and sun dried tomatoes for just a minute
- Add the wine and cook for one minute then add the cream, paprika and rosemary and bubble for a further minute
- Add the nutritional yeast, bouillon and both cheeses and stir until just melted
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions
- Once the pasta has cooked scoop out around 1 cup of the pasta water and reserve before draining off the remaining water from the pasta
- Stir the pasta water into the sauce then tip in the tagilatelle
- Taste and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes as needed
- Serve immediately in warm bowls with plenty of crusty bread!
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Nooch. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
All things autumn - warming soups, savoury bakes and delicious sweet treats!
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword