Posted in Recipes on 03.12.2023
prep: 10 mins / cook: 15 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 25 mins / quantity: 10-12 smallish pancakes Print recipe?
Spoil your furry friend with these doggy pancakes. Made with simple, healthy ingredients they’re super easy and your pup will absolutely love these homemade dog treats!
Making doggy pancakes not only lets you spoil your pup but you can do it pretty guilt free as these homemade dog treats contain healthy, dog friendly ingredients. Both my boys love their bellies, Baxter especially. I think it comes from him being a complete stray and possibly not knowing when he would eat. I hate imagining him cold and hungry so I do everything I can to keep him warm and happy and well fed.
Every time I make them their own healthy dog treats or homemade dog food they get even more excited about meal time or treat time. There’s more dancing round the kitchen in anticipation. And there’s definitely more jostling for who gets the treato first.
How to make these healthy doggy pancakes:
Put all the ingredients apart from the blueberries (if you’re using them) into a blender cup and whizz until smooth. I then scrape the batter into a bowl or jug to make it easier to transfer into the frying pan.
Heat a dot of coconut oil or small drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat then pour or spoon in some of the pancake batter.
I cook 3-4 smallish pancakes at a time. You can make the pancakes any size you want, just remember you have to flip them so leave some room in the pan!
If you’re using blueberries, drop 3-4 of them onto the uncooked side of the pancakes. Cook them for 1-2 minutes until bubbles form on the top side then carefully flip each pancake. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes on the other side.
Leave to cool before treating your pup!
Store in the fridge or freeze any extras for treatos another day!
Looking for even more homemade dog treats? Try these:
If you make this recipe or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him I’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees I’ll see your picture!)
prep: 10 mins / cook: 15 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 25 mins / quantity: 10-12 smallish pancakes
- 1 banana
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 1/4 cup (65g) peanut butter (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup (70g) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk or plain yoghurt
- coconut oil or olive oil
- optional: 1/4 cup (25g) blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Put all the ingredients apart from the blueberries into a blender cup and whizz until you have a smooth, fairly thick batter
- Scrape the mix into a jug or bowl
- Heat a small dot of coconut oil or olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat then pour or spoon in some of the pancake batter
- I make 3-4 smaller pancakes at a time. You can make the pancakes any size you like, just remember you have to flip them so leave some room in the pan!
- If you're using blueberries, drop 3-4 of them onto the uncooked side of the pancakes
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles start to form on the top then carefully flip each pancake. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes on the other side
- Leave to cool before treating your pup!
- Store in the fridge or freeze any leftovers for treats another day
- **IMPORTANT NOTE** Lots of peanut butters include sweetener, particularly Xylitol which is toxic to dogs. Make sure to use a brand of peanut butter that doesn't include any form of sweetener. Many thanks to one of my newsletter subscribers for this information
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Nooch. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
All things autumn - warming soups, savoury bakes and delicious sweet treats!
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword